Recycling Old Frames

At our church (LDS) we have a table where everyone puts things they no longer want for anyone to take for free. Last week, just in time, someone was giving away three very ugly (BG), matching brass frames (see pic, on the left). They were very sturdy, stand up types.

I took them home and spraypainted them to match the handles on my refurbished bedroom furniture. I covered the inside glass part of the frame with painter's tape, and reused it for all 3 frames.


The result were three matching, nickel coloured frames. They now sit on my dressers, and as soon as I find some great pics of my family, off to Walmart to have them processed for the frames!

Don't be afraid of spray paint, it doesn't clump and gives great results. I used Krylon Chrome for these.

No comments:

Post a Comment